How to choose your Sleep bag
How to choose baby's sleep bag with Perlimpinpin TOG chart!
TOG is a unit of measurements which evaluates the thermal resistance of a product. It's a worldwide standard and every Perlimpinpin sleep bag has been tested.
What to consider:
Each baby is unique. It is essential to think about his/her sleeping habits. How does baby usually wake up? Sweaty? With cold hands?
What is the highest temperature of the nursery through the night? Some families will lower the temperature to 19 degrees while others keep it at 22 degrees.
The TOG rating of each sleep bag is tested in lab. Unfortunately, is doesn't take consideration of the "feel" and "coziness" of all of our different fabrics. That's why each TOG is treated separately.
Room ambient temperature:
What is the temperature in the nursery at night or during naps?
In some families, you lower the temperature to 18°C during the night while in others, the thermometer shows 22°C regardless of the time.
The higher the TOG index of a sleep bag the more warm it is, choose it especially according to the temperature of the room and the baby.
- 0.7 TOG or bamboo 1 TOG will be used in summer between 23°C and 27°C
- 1 TOG can be used all year for a room between 18°C and 22°C (or air-conditioned room)
- 1.25 TOGS and 1.5 TOGS will be used in autumn, winter or when camping between 18°C and 22°C
- 2 TOGS will be used in autumn and winter for a room between 16°C and 20°C
- 2.5 TOGS must be used in winter for a room below 18°C.
Refer to the thermometer below to choose the right overnight bag, considering the temperature of the room.
This is to ensure the comfort of the baby. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 514-271-9760 or by email at [email protected]